This feature is available in AQT v10.1.1e. This can be downloaded from Latest Builds.
This feature is under developement and presently is available for DB2/LUW, Oracle, MS SQL Server and PostreSQL. In the future we are planning to implement this for DB2 z/OS and other databases.
- once you explain a query, you will be shown the Visual Explain window. This gives a graphical representation of how the database will process your query
- the most resource-intensive step(s) are highlighted in red so are easily seen
- the cost of each step, and number of rows passed to the next step, are given on the diagram
- the grid at the top-right can display fuller information about your plan
- for DB2/LUW, AQT can display the explain for explained packages
- for complex queries, the Diagram Controller makes it easy to zoom in/out and to navigate around a diagram.