AQT has a dialog for running Stored Procedures.
- Procedures can contain OUT, INOUT and RETURN parameters. Data is returned in these.
- Return parameters can be written to a file. This is useful if large values (such as LOBs) are returned.
- Procedures can return data, including multiple result-sets of data. AQT will display these.
- AQT maintains a History of procedures run (including the parameters you specified). This provides an easy way of re-running a procedure you have run previously.
Running Procedures from the SQL window
AQT has a syntax for running procedures from the SQL Window. This can also be used for running procedures in a batch script.
- the data returned by the procedure is displayed
- the values returned in the INOUT and OUT are given in the status-bar at the bottom of the window.