Data Compare allows you to compare the data between two different tables, whether these are in the same database or different databases.
Display of Compare Results
When you run a Compare, the results are displayed on the Results tab
- the result of the compare is shown with the two tables side-by-side
- rows that are different (or in one table but not the other) are marked
- values that are different are highlighted.
- you can compare LOB values
Data Compare can generate a script to resynchronize the contents of the tables
- you can specify which table resyncs to which
- you can specify which statements are to be generated - update / inserts and/or deletes
- can be used for bi-directional resyncing in some scenarios
- when run in batch mode, can be used for unattended resyncing of tables
Compare Multiple Tables
This feature allows you to compare all the tables in a schema in a single operation.